Contributing to Mocha

This week, I decided to work on an issue from Mocha, a JavaScript framework for testing code. The one I picked was pretty tame -- just tweaking the HTML and CSS for Mocha's website. I've done a lot of work with HTML and CSS before, so this I figured this was likely to be a pretty easy fix...

And it was.

You can check out my pull request here, and look at all the things I managed to miss despite thinking this would be an easy issue to fix. A reminder to slow down and take a closer look at my changes before committing them, for sure.

I honestly don't have much else to say about this week's work, though (a short post? On my blog? Incredible). It was a small amount of easy work -- the only troubles I encountered were the ones I brought upon myself by not taking the time to review my work.

Expect a wordier post next week, where I get to reflect upon my first few experiences with Open Source!

Comments